Aspire Aviation (卓志航空) is established in 2008 by founder Mr. Daniel Tsang as a website which provides qualitative insights, analyses and commentaries on some of the most popular and pressing issues in the aviation & aerospace fields.
Since then, Aspire Aviation has quickly built its reputation for providing informative and qualitative analyses and reports. Aspire Aviation is in the premier league and at the forefront of aviation analysis whose work is featured on The Wall Street Journal, the TIME, Bloomberg Businessweek, and the Australian Financial Review (AFR).
Aspire Aviation is strategically located in Hong Kong, one of the world’s biggest global aviation hubs in addition to being a global financial centre.
Meanwhile, Aspire Aviation also offers rarely-known aviation news in addition to offering popular ones.
Looking ahead, Aspire Aviation will continue to specialise in the coverage of Asia/Pacific airlines in addition to the detailed analysis of aircraft performances.
The aerospace consultancy business of Aspire Aviation is launched in October 2010, aiming at turning ideas and visions into reality for airline customers or aircraft manufacturers.
In doing so, the profitability of airline customers or aircraft manufacturers will be maximised through identifying the most lucrative future market and suggesting practical ideas and solutions to realise these emerging opportunities. Furthermore, practical suggestions will be made in cost-cutting efforts or streamlining of operations, thereby delivering gains to the bottom lines of our customers which are the keys to maintaining profitability in light of the difficulties and uncertainties facing the highly-competitive airline/aerospace industry.
Aspire Aviation – where aspirations take flight.
Below is the list of us being quoted:
- Agence France Presse (June 2011, August 2014, December 2014, January 2015, February 2015, August 2015)
- Flightglobal (October 2011)
- King5 News (October 2011)
- The News Tribune (October 2011, December 2014)
- Flight International (October 2011)
- USA Today (November 2011)
- Puget Sound Business Journal (March 2012)
- HeraldNet (October 2012, January 2015)
- The Seattle Times (November 2012, December 2012)
- Bloomberg Businessweek (October 2013)
- The Wall Street Journal (December 2013, July 2014)
- South China Morning Post (December 2013, May 2015)
- The Business Traveller (April 2014)
- The Gulf News (April 2014)
- Forbes (June 2014)
- The National (July 2014, September 2014)
- CNN (July 2014, August 2015, February 2016)
- TIME (July 2014)
- Air International (November 2014)
- Business Standard (December 2014)
- Deutsche Welle (February 2015)
- Australian Financial Review (March 2015, July 2015)
- Sydney Morning Herald (March 2015)
- QF32 by Captain Richard de Crespigny (February 2016)
- Deloitte “2012 Global aerospace and defense industry outlook: A tale of two industries” (March 2012)
- RTHK Radio 3 “Money for Nothing” (March 2013)
- Panel moderator, The 3rd China International Air Routes Summit 2013, Shenzhen, China (September 2013)
- ABC News “The World” (April 2014, July 2014)
- Speaker, Airline Retail Conference Asia/Pacific 2015, Hong Kong (February 2015)
Follow us at @aspireaviation on Twitter.
Analyst & Consultant
+852 9683 6738
- Four years plus experience in the commercial and general aviation engineering sectors including aircraft maintenance scheduling, certification, troubleshooting and structural repair work in the fleet technical management and technical service divisions.
- Highly-skilled in strategic planning, establishing priorities and delegating tasks in addition to working as part of a team and motivating members to reach for their best.
- Meticulous with strong analytical and technical abilities.
- Professional experience includes:
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company (Swire Group)
Fleet Technical Management & Technical Services Department
China Aircraft Services Limited
Aircraft Maintenance Trainee
Consultant & Editor
Having accumulated several decades worth of experience working for a major Asian airline and a major Asian airport, David Leo writes freelance on aviation, offering insights from a different perspective.
David Leo has joined Aspire Aviation in March 2010, bringing his invaluable experience to this site. David Leo will focus on various aspects of airlines’ performance in addition to news about airlines and airports around the globe.